Healthy Smiles in Aurora
Did you know that the Aurora-York Region Health Department has specific recommended guidelines just for Aurora and Ontario Resident’s Good Oral Health? This simple checklist and regular visits with a great Aurora area Dentist like those at 4U Dental Care can help keep your smile healthy for a lifetime.
- Don’t Hurry – brush gently, twice a day for two minutes, especially before bedtime.
- Rinse your mouth with water after meals and snacks to reduce acid and remove food.
- Wait 30 minutes after meals, snacks and beverages before brushing
- Use a fluoridated toothpaste
- Children under three years of age, or who cannot spit, should use non-fluoridated toothpaste or plain water unless advised otherwise by their oral health professional
- Parents should help children under six years of age brush their teeth properly
- Floss daily before you brush your teeth
Reducing Mouth Acidity:
- Rinse with water after eating and drinking, especially after consuming acidic foods and drinks or those containing sugar
- Chew sugar-free gum
- Use a straw if consuming drinks high in sugar, like juices, sodas and sports drinks to minimize exposure of teeth to sugar
Your Good Health
- Visit an oral health professional regularly
- Dentists may be able to spot signs of other body diseases that appear in your teeth and mouth.